May 2020, What's new? Custom domain, dotenv file, CLI improvements, Hasura Con 2020
In this Newsletter, we're happy to introduce some updates: Custom domain, dotenv file, CLI improvements, and new resources.
It is now possible to use your domain name with Qovery. You can put one or more domain names per application and environment. Read more...
Qovery supports environment variables in dotenv (.env) file. It's as simple as adding a ".env" file at the root of your project with your environment variables. Read more...
Tons of improvements have been made on the Qovery CLI. First, upgrade it now! Here are the improvements:
- New feature: "qovery template <template_name>" command allows you to quickly bootstrap a project with the most popular frameworks
- New feature: "qovery redeploy" command lets you redeploy your application
- New feature: "qovery domain" command allows you manage your custom domains
- Improvement: More descriptive error messages
- Improvement: Better .qovery.yml and Dockerfile configuration checker
- Improvement: Better Windows 10 support
- Improvement: "qovery init" command has a better onboarding flow
We are happy to announce that our new documentation website is out!
What's new inside?
- A rewritten documentation from scratch
- A Getting Started guide to handle Qovery in 15 minutes.
- A tutorial section to share development best practices.
Feedback / Roadmap
Big thanks to Alexis Viscogliosi. We appreciate your contributions.
- Qovery extension for Visual Studio Code (available in the marketplace)
- Qovery extension for Intellij (available in the plugins)
- Your detailed feedback on Qovery
Alexis, you are officially part of our Qovery contributors! 🎉
Do you want to contribute and receive our contributor gifts?Join us on Discord
Are you a passionate technical writer?
Do you like to share your knowledge and your passion for the code? We are looking for two technical writers for an ambitious new project. Interested? Contact us
Interesting reading from the last month
- Article: Differences between Heroku and Qovery
- Tutorial: Creating a blazing fast REST API in Rust (Part 1/2)
- Tutorial: How to deploy a Docker container
- Tutorial: How to deploy Hasura with PostgreSQL (GraphQL framework)
- Tutorial: How to deploy Gin (Golang HTTP framework) with PostgreSQL
- Tutorial: How to deploy Django with PostrgeSQL (Python framework)
Here is what we are working on this month
- Web interface: The first release of the Qovery web interface is expected for next month (June).
- Talk: We speak at the Hasura Con' 2020.
- Gitlab: We plan to support Gitlab repositories before the end of this month (May).
- Tool: We prepare to launch a tool to help the developers to choose the right database. (Do you want to know more? Contact us on Discord)
- DX: We work to improve the speed of deployment
As always, we would love to get your feedback on these updates.
That's all folks
The Qovery Team.