June 2020, What's new? Gitlab support, persistent storage, faster deployments...
Hello and welcome to another issue of This Month in Qovery! Qovery helps developer to deploy their applications in the Cloud in just a few seconds. This is a monthly summary of its progress and community. Do you build something with Qovery? Do you want to be mentioned? Tweet us at @Qovery_. Want to get involved? Join the community.
WE ARE HIRING👨💻 Needless to say - we are hiring passionate engineers.
Do you use Gitlab repositories? You can now deploy your application by using Qovery. Read more...
You can enjoy to attach storage to your application and keep your data persisted. Read more...
The team is working hard to make the web interface live as soon as possible. We are looking for pixel perfect frontend developer to join us and help us to make it live faster :) We expect to release a beta version for July 2020.
Faster deployments 🚀
Before: deploying an application with a database could lead to wait 20 minutes.
Now: deploying an application with a database take less than 3 minutes.
We aim to make it even faster in the coming weeks. Our goal is to deploy a complete application in less than a minute.
Feedback / Roadmap
Hasura Con' 2020
Hasura is a turnkey engine that connects your mirco-services and database to generates a realtime GraphQL API. That is super cool. Hasura and Qovery is a perfect match to deploy production-ready GraphQL service in just a few seconds. That's why we were invited by the Hasura team to show to the world what we do.
Record coming soon - in the meantime you can read this article to know how to deploy a full-stack application with Hasura, PostgreSQL and Angular.
Do you like to share your knowledge and your passion for the code? We are looking for two technical writers for an ambitious new project. Interested? Contact us on Discord.
- Article: A month after switching from Slack to Discord in a tech startup
- Article: Network isolation in Kubernetes
- Article: Differences between Heroku and Qovery
- Tutorial: Creating a blazing fast REST API in Rust (Part 1/2)
- Tutorial: How to deploy a Docker container
- Tutorial: How to deploy Django with PostrgeSQL (Python framework)
- Web interface: The first release of the Qovery web interface is expected for next month (July).
- Qovery Business: We plan to launch an alpha version of Qovery Business - To deploy Qovery on your own Cloud account.
- Feature: Redis Support
- Feature: Memcached Support
- Feature: Support Monorepository
As always, we would love to get your feedback on these updates.
That's all folks -
The Qovery Team